If a MacDrive installation fails, the following are some general tips for proceeding:
- Ensure that you have downloaded the current version. The trial download will always be the current version, but if you have a disc or are using an archived file, this is a frequent cause of issues.
- Close all other open applications.
- Restart Windows, then try the installation again without opening other applications.
- Temporarily disable resident anti-malware software, such as antivirus and other security software. You can disconnect your network connection during installation if you wish, as the installation process does not require Internet. If installation completes, enable Internet before activating MacDrive.
- If the installation appears to stall (the progress bar freezes), make sure there are no popups in the background asking for permissions. Windows UAC, as well as other programs, may require you to respond before installation proceeds.
If you cannot resolve the issue, please contact our support team to continue troubleshooting. Be sure to include as much detail as possible about the installation problem: what you see occur, when the problem happens, and the exact failure behavior (such as the full exact text of any errors you see). Please include your serial number when contacting us.